Tuesday, July 22, 2008

From Courtney's Closet Challenge Ducky #9



Sweet Courtney!

Yes I think this is Libby's Little Addiction 9th challenge week, and the 7th that I have joined in. I missed the first two...where was I? I think I was just getting brave enough to jump into any challenge! This stuff can be addicting. You can check out this week's From Courtney's Closet Challenge here. I have a label on the left of my blog if you want to view all of Courtney's Closet LOL.

This card uses an OLD Stampin Up set named Mini Medleys...one of the first sets I ever bought from SUp!! I am a stamp packrat...

Also, I have been inspired to get out an old unmounted quilt block set I bought many years ago at Auntie Amy's Unmounted Stamping Convention in Portland, Oregon (remember the good ole days?). I bought it before I realized the importance of documenting the stamping company where I purchased it from. I have bought numerous stamps from this company and if I hear the name I will recognize it! duh! I miss the days of the BIG unmounted conventions...do you think they will make a comeback? I'm keeping my inky fingers crossed!

Doesn't this quilt block remind you of the new Papertrey set that was just released.? I have seen beautiful cards made with their quilt blocks!

The duckies and the sentiment are popped up on dimensionals.


Stamps: Stampin Up retired Mini Medley, SU Circle of Friendship sentiment, Misc quilt block stamp

Cardstock: yoyo yellow, brilliant blue, GP white

Ink: brilliant blue sentiment, blocks colored with prisma's, ducks with yy yellow and orange beak.

Misc: Cuttlebug bubbles embossing folder, yellow flower brads, every SU circle punch from 1 3/8 down to 1/2 inch size, dimensionals, paper piercer

Pin It!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the bubble background!

Libby Hickson said...

LOVE your card!!! The blue and yellow are so cheerful and fun, your row of duckies is adorable, love the embossed bubbles - and that's so cool that you found an excuse to use an old stamp! It reminded me of Papertrey as soon as you said quilt. :-) Thanks for playing for a SEVENTH time, will we make it EIGHTH this week?? (when does that darn harvest end anyway?) ;-)

Janette said...

That card and the baby are both gorgeous.
My kitchen is blue and yellow !! I love those colours
Hugs
Janette

Allison Rankin said...

This is just off the cuteness meter Sue! Love those little duckies...great layout!

Anonymous said...

Oh you made such a darling card for Courtney's cute little dress. Love the row of ducks across the top.

Kerry D-C said...

another adorable card! hmmmm...I have to dust off my Mini Medley set and CASE this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...