Sunday, December 21, 2008

I call this KitchenAid Fudge!


This is an easy chocolate fudge recipe, as long as you have a KitchenAid mixer! I personally wouldn't want to stand and mix on high speed for 10 minutes with a hand held mixer!

Chocolate Fudge

3 cups of semisweet chocolate chips (1 1/2 bags of chips)
2 cups chopped nuts
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/2 pound butter or margarine (preferably room temp)
4 1/2 cups sugar
1 12oz can of evaporated milk(NOT sweet milk)
salt


Combine sugar, milk and a dash of salt into a large saucepan, Boil over medium heat for 14 minutes, timing after mixture comes to a full boil.(the boiling point is very low...about 2 or  3 on my stove on a scale of 1-8) Stir occasionally. While syrup is cooking, place butter, choc chips and a dash of salt in mixer bowl.

After syrup is cooked, slowly pour over the chocolate butter mixture in bowl and blend at low speed first, then beat at medium speed for 10 minutes.  Pour the fudge into a lightly buttered 9 x 13 pan  that is lined with parchment paper.  If you let the parchment paper stand up on the side edges, you can pull on the parchment paper and just lift the fudge out of the dish and on to a cutting board after it has set up. Pretty slick!  Chill until firm. Makes 4 pounds. (that's a lot of fudge!)

Tips: Easier to cut when room temperature. I run a sharp knife under hot water to heat it, wipe dry and cut a line through the fudge and then repeat. This gives nice cut edges to your pieces.

November 2009
ETA: Tip #2 Resist the temptation to scrape the sides of the pan while this is boiling. It seems to turn out better for me.

I see lots of people googling this recipe. I would love to know what you think of it! I have made it many times it is soooooo good.

ETA 12-13-2009
Make sure when you make this, that you add your boiled sugar mixture slowly while the mixer is on low- this will  allow the choc chips time to adjust to the heat. I tried this with Peanut Butter chips this weekend like a reader suggested...Very good but much sweeter that the chocolate. I would suggest only using one tsp of vanilla or maybe none at all!

ETA: 12-9-2010
Making fudge today...in a hurry and needed to get some to my Dad this afternoon, so I let my fudge set a few minutes in the refrigerator, took it out while still soft (don't be so impatient Sue!) and cut it up. Oh so much easier. Have not taken it out of the dish yet, but if this works and looks like nice pieces, I will be so happy.......

ETA-To Dad making fudge for his kids-I use the paddle attachment on my kitchen aide. 

Pin It!

13 comments:

Elena said...

Wow! That is a chocolate heavens! Love this recipe! Sue, you are amazing! Thank you for doing it for us!
I also wanted to tell you that I have an award for you - Butterfly Award!

Cindy Haffner said...

So yummy, I love fudge.

Julia Aston said...

Oh! yummy yum! this recipe looks VERY dangerous - to quick and easy!!! thanks for sharing it!!

Carol said...

Sue, this fudge looks so yummy! would a food processor be o.k.? i don't have KitchenAid mixer, but i guess mine may do the same job!

Hugs
Carol x

Anonymous said...

I made this last night and it was great. Easy and very yummy. would like to know about a peanut butter fudge, can you make it like this some way.

Jess said...

It can't get any better than this.

Anonymous said...

I just got my kitchenaid mixer, and went hunting for a fudge recipe, and thats how I found yours. First off I want to tell you that making good candy has always eluded me. I can make it. It looks good, but Its nothing to write home about.
Because of my "new" mixer, and your "very simple", recipe. I decided to give it another go. Im not kidding when I say, "Thank you, thank you, thank you". Honestly this is the smoothest, best tasting fudge.It is like silk. I am amazed. I now feel like I can make "Great" candy. With your recipe, and my kitchenaid mixer, I now can make the candy Ive always wanted to for the holiday's. I thank you.

Sue from Oregon said...

thanks Anonymous...yes it is just super creamy. I have to say I did mess up a batch (or two)...but have learned from my mistakes (and added tips to prevent my mistakes) and "googling" how to make great fudge. I loved hearing from you!

Patty said...

Do you have advice for what speed to use, and how long to beat fudge, in a KitchenAid? I'm using a 5 qt Artisan model, and I've read that when you beat fudge in a KA it takes almost as long as doing it by hand.... mine seems to screw up between 9 and 10 minutes. Trying to judge when the fudge has lost its gloss is proving to be the bane of my existence.

Anonymous said...

Sue, thank you so much for this recipe. Just getting used to my kitchenaid mixer and this recipe worked perfectly. Delicious!!

Anonymous said...

I made this tonite & I found that it thickened up when I gradually moved up to speed 6-8. I beat for an additional 5 mintues visually judging as the ribbons formed thicker.

Unknown said...

Hi, I know this is an old post and don't know if anyone still monitors this but what attachment do I use for my KitchenAid? Just a dad trying to make fudge for his kids. Thank you

Sue from Oregon said...

Hi Dad making fudge for his kids! I just made fudge today too. I use the paddle attachment on my KA. Good luck

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...