Thursday, December 3, 2009

Three Clover's Thursday Challenge #42-Gifts



M-I-C-K-E-Y  M-O-U-S-E! (she sings in her best mousie voice)

This week's challenge at 3 Clover's Thursday Challenge is gifts. I chose to make this cute mini album designed by Susanna Boyd. She posted the instructions on her blog several weeks ago.
I did change up her directions to fit my needs, but just a little! You could whip up a couple of these in no time!

I made this mini album for our niece, Cassidy. She just got home from a trip granted her through Make A Wish Foundation and celebrating her 11th birthday too! This sweet young lady has battled a WON her battle with cancer twice over the last several years. That's a lot to deal with when you are 8 years old ...

Since we are talking about GIFTS, Cassidy has experienced so many miracles over these last few years and is now in remission. THAT is the real gift. Watching a sweet young thing like her battle such adversity  with such dignity, it really puts a person's life into perspective. It is a reminder to me that we all should give thanks for continued good health.....

On to the mini album details:

Susanna posted the video tutorial as a little Christmas tag book and swears it only takes 15 minutes to whip this up! If you are a member of Paper Craft Planet you can view it HERE! (If you are not a member...it is easy to sign up)  She really is right, it took me only a few minutes to score and fold this little book, it was learning how to run a borrowed  Cricut to cut the Disney characters that took me forever LOL. I had never even touched a Cricut before and learned after I made these little buggers a few tips and tricks....and of course promptly went out and bought me one on Black Friday. I haven't really had a spare minute to play with it yet, But after Christmas I have big plans LOL!

This album was designed for 2 sided paper, and my Disney paper was not 2 sided, so I had to tape two pieces of DP together to make this work.  The only other thing I changed was the pocket score measurement. I wanted a little taller book, so I scored the pocket so it was only 1.5 inches deep instead of 2. This gave me a little taller book so that I could add the pictures on one side and the Technique Tuesdays/Ali Edwards stamped memo cardstock on the other side.

I downloaded the free Mickey Mouse font to use for Cassidy's name (on the front of the mini album) and some Sandylion Mickey DP sentiment paper cut up for the rest of the words. All characters were made with the Mickey Mouse Cricut cartridge and I also used several nesties to cut the picture shapes and memo sheets that Cassidy can use to make a few notes of her memorable trip. (the paper clip holding this album open is not part of the album, it is just holding the pages open for the pictures).

The cardstock used is SU! Rose Red,  Summer Sun, Real Red, Blush Blossom, and misc retired SU! DP and the Mickey Mouse Disney DP is made by Making Memories, SandyLions, and EK Success.

I hope you can join in this week's 3CTC and show us what you are making for gifts. I know I love it when I find fun little things like this that crafters are willing to share.

I am working on several other mini albums and hope to have them posted over the next couple of weeks, so be watching for those too!

Don't forget to check out my blog candy HERE! Just a little something to give thanks to all you who come to visit!

Pin It!

24 comments:

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Sue, what an adorable gift. This is so cute! I'm glad that you shared that Cassidy has won this battle and you're right - hearing that an 8-year-old has gone through this does put life in perspective. Thanks for sharing this project and info.

Maria Matter said...

omgosh Sue, this is fabulously adorable!!!!

Beautifully done!!!!!
Blessings, Maria

Sharon Caudle said...

Absolutely awesome!!! I love this and she will too! And way to go Cassidy! hugs!

Curt in Indy said...

This is spectacular! Laughed out loud when I read that you went out and bought one! This is so magical and colorful. What a great gift to give to her. Bless her little heart. Kids can teach us so much can't they? Thanks for sharing this project. I too had seen the video weeks ago and at the time, thought it would drive me nuts to try it. You did it proud! Best, Curt

Ida said...

How cute is this! Mickey looks fantastic on this fun project. What an amazing story about Cassidy, I cannot imagine seeing a child go through that. Praise God she is in remission.

Carol L said...

You knocked this one out of the park Sue! Holy Moly this is CA-UUTE!!! I LOVE the name in MM fonts, how darling is that? What a treasured gift for such a special little girl! I'd love to see her face when she opens this and starts filling it with precious memories! What a thoughtful gift for a little girl who will absolutely LOVE it!!!!

Kimmi said...

Who's the leader of the club
That's made for you and me
M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E
Hey! there, Hi! there, Ho! there
You're as welcome as can be
M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E

Mickey Mouse!

Mickey Mouse!

Forever let us hold our banner
High! High! High! High!

Eh hem!! Sorry Sue. I love that song - I sing it to my little 15 month old hehe.
Love the layout, Minnie and Mickey mouse have never looked happier.

Such good news about Cassidy. I'm currently fighting my own battle against the dreaded 'C' and hopefully on the 15th Dec I will get some good news of my own. Fingers crossed!

Lots of hugs

Kimmi x

Kristine said...

Awww, this is sooo CUTE! We are planning to take our girls to D-land in a few months...will be their first time! :) Love how you made the inside too! :) We're also having a challenge using "GIFTS" on our cards at SSCC this week! ;0)

Shirley N said...

What wonderful news about your niece and what a fabulous gift for her!!!

Sue said...

Oh Sue, this is gorgeous! What a special gift this will make for a very sepcial little girl. What a nice Aunty too.

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is amazing! I love Mickey and Minnie, the Mickey font and these colors! So cute! I wish all the best for Cassidy.
Hugs,
April

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh my word, this is so fabulous and fun.

Lisa Somerville said...

Such a cute Tag Book, I'm sure Cassidy will love this!

Allison Rankin said...

Oh gosh...how fun! This cartridge is the best esp. with the color palette you chose!

Kristen said...

Yahooo...This is fantastic Gift idea. I definately will have to try oone of these. Awesome job on your project.

Mary said...

I think you should be the one to help me out. I think you will love the SCAL, I also have design studio but haven't done much with it. I like the SCAL because you can cut anything with it. I can't wait to get the micky font you used so I can cut it out with scal.

Mary said...

Oh by the way make-a-wish ROCKS!!! I have been working for MAW for a few years now I am a wish granter. I have had some really great times with the kiddo's. My son Mitch got his wish when he was 12, he is now 17 and cancer free.

Ann said...

A real labor of love, Sue! Sooooo cute! Just wanted to let you know that the little snowman card with your check was darling!

C said...

Blessings to sweet Cassidy! I know she will just adore this. No Cricut here...yet...thinking about a Bosscut..but just thinking.

Silli said...

What a wonderful GIFT! I love the funny image, the colors are perfect! Big hugs!

Jenny Gropp said...

Well, now the Mickey Mouse Theme song is running through my brain--- awesome job here!!! Beautiful and FUN!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a cute Mickey creation! You did an amazing job :) TFS

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue!! What a really ADORABLE project!! I love Mickey and you've made him look fabulous on your project!! :) Thanks for stopping by to see me!! HUGS

Elena said...

Fantastic gift idea, Sue! Thank you for sharing a story about Cassidy... I wish her the best!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...