Thursday, August 27, 2009

So Many Years...In One Yesterday!

So Many Years...In one Yesterday

This week's challenge on 3 Clover's Thursday Challenge is to use photos on your creation. What perfect timing for me. This past week was my parents 60th anniversary and I had this card mapped out in my brain for weeks! This fun fold card has always intrigued me- so of course I finally had to jump on the band wagon and give it a try! There is a tutorial on SCS here.

I used some of my wonderful Parisian Breeze Specialty paper now retired from SU! (another sad face).
As you can see, I am the only girl child in this group of yah-hoo's! The front pic is a more current pic and the older pic is from 1961 I think! I think I might have been about 5 in the second pic! It looks like the photographer got at least 4 of us looking at the camera at the same time...quite a feat!

My techie son helped by printing the pics in a sepia tone for me as well as printing out the words I used in the punched oval in brown for me! I guess this card has two creators! Thanks Matt!

The medallions are stamped on theSU! DP and then cut out and matted on the brown and cut out again, some pearls added and then it was all added onto the card with dimensionals. I used the last of my Hero Arts pearls on this card...just the right touch.

This is by far one of my favorite creations...and my parents loved it!

---------------------------

Stamps: Simple Thoughts-Memories by Clear Stamps, words are computer generated

Cardstock: SU! Parisian Breeze

Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa

Misc: SU oval punches, Hero Arts pearls, SU choc chip ribbon

Pin It!

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

k

Carol L said...

I just LOVE this! What a wonderful tribute to your parents having celebrated such an incredible anniversary! I love all the tiny pearls and beautiful dsp. I tried making one of these before and it wound up in the paper shredder! Perhaps I should try once again after seeing this! AWESOME!!

Anonymous said...

heb je al gezien dat ik een leuke candy heb staan van hobbyvision ga maar snel kijken:)
groetjes nonna:)

Sharon Caudle said...

WOW!!!! Sue!!! this is STUNNING!!! I LOVE it! The pics are fantastic, the paper is gorgeous, the details are absolutely perfect! You ROCKED this challenge and I can see why this is your favorite! I can only imagine how much your parents loved this. It's amazingly beautiful! hugs!
ps...love the look of your blog!

Lorie said...

I just LOVE this...it is beautiful!

Ida said...

Beautiful! - What a wonderful card for your parents Anniversary. It's so much fun seeing how families change over the years. I love the DP you used too.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, Sue! What a fabulous application of this design! It's such a very cleverly engineered card, a technique I've admired many times. But what you've done with it is the BEST! A true keepsake!

Kerry D-C said...

This is just STUNNING, Sue!!! Love the pics of your family! Gorgeous colors! great way to use this card. Fabtastic!!

Unknown said...

WOW Sue.. what a wonderful anniversary card..You did a super job, love it!
Cheers

MJ said...

Wow, that is fabulous. I love it. What a great idea, you are so creative. I think this is the best of these tri-fold cards I have ever seen!

Lisa Somerville said...

Just beautiful, such a wonderful tribute to your parents - I'm sure they loved it!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh so cool, love that you used a picture on this, what a great idea.

Unknown said...

Beautiful - I bet Mom and Dad loved it! I need to play around with this design...along with my new cricut expression - there is a learning curv - been watching the video links you sent on it. Thanks!

Ann said...

What an awesome tri-shutter card, Sue! Love your pictures and the sentiment.

Peet said...

oh, love it! So beautiful, Sue!!!!

Allison Rankin said...

This is brilliant Sue! Love the sepia and the pictures are a terrific application for this project!

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

This card is beautiful, Sue. What a treasure! Happy Anniversary to your parents and what a blessing to be together so long.

C said...

Fabulous Tri-shutter, Sue. A true family treasure...your parents are sure to love it! Congratulations to them for 60 years of commitment...what a blessing for your family.

Gunn-Hege said...

What an amazing piece!!!
I love the folding-tecnique you`ve used!!!
I realize that I have to try this technique too.....
Absolutely stunning!!!!

Irina Blount said...

That is one WOW card Sue!!! All the elemenst on the card fit together just PERFECT!! What a wonderful keepsake,your parents will treasure it forever!!
Hugs!!
Irina

Libby Hickson said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!

Larissa said...

Hi Sue

What a gorgeous card this is! Love these colours together and love your design with the great pictures! Such a perfect card!!

Hugs,
Larissa

Elena said...

Wow! Absolutely amazing and gorgeous card, Sue! That is a real piece of an art! Wow! I love it!!! I can only imagine how much your parents liked it!!!

Jenny Gropp said...

Oh wow, this is hands down just awesome. One of my favorites you have ever made!

Kristin said...

This is wonderful! I love the colors and the way it came together with the pictures - I bet they did love it! What a beautiful gift!

Elizabeth said...

i've done the tri-shutter card but never with photos, love this! thanks for sharing :)

- elizabeth (missimagination.com)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...