Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Cherish Everyday! La-La Land Crafts Challenge #2


On to challenge #2 at La-La Land Crafts blog ! I chose to use Sitting Lala for the challenge this week...Stitching! I love to sew on my cards, but I don't do it often enough. I am so glad for the challenges that make me fire up my machine. Hmmm...I seem to faintly recall that I have started a Christmas quilt for my little grandson...Gwamma better get crackin'!

My card was inspired by this week's From Courtney's Closet Challenge. #54. Little Cupcake is wearing the sweetest little cherry patterned dress--- and you know I can't resist cherries! (and polka dots- right Libby?) If you have never joined in on Libby's Little Addiction challenge...you are missing out! It is so fun to watch her sweet babies (Carter and Courtney) grow up before my eyes.

The DP and ribbon are retired product from Stampin Up (sad face).

You can't read the little chipboard sentiment, but it says Cherish Everyday.(thanks Irina!)

Now if you have never visited Irina's blog, you will be totally inspired by her wonderful creations. Irina is the owner of La-La Land Crafts store. I have been a follower of Irina's blog for quite a while and that is where I read about her La-La DT call. This has been a lot of fun for me and I want to thank Irina for this opportunity! Don't forget to visit her personal blog, Everything Paper Crafts.

Pin It!

10 comments:

Carol L said...

Too cute! I have a little piece of this dsp and I'm hoarding it for a special card! LOL I love all the sewing on this one, too cute!
I also wanted to extend happy anniversary wishes to your parents - WOW! 60 years! That's incredible! Bless their loving little hearts!! The cards you've been making all week are so neat! I love the antique card with "papa" and especially that precious card with the thunderstorms sentiment! Awesome work this week, I need to come visit more often, but I do eventually catch up :)TFS!

Kathy said...

Adorable card Sue! I love the quilt look of your card and that ribbon really pops!! So pretty!
:)Kathy

Larissa said...

Hi Sue!

Very lovely card! I love the stitching and the papers you used! Very cute stamp and I like how you let her sit on the ribbon.

Hugs,
Larissa

Irina Blount said...

Sue, I LOVE your Cherry Lala!! CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!! Great layout and coloring!!

Thank you so much for your kind words about me and my blog!! Almost made me cry.. Thank you, thank you!!

Hugs!!
Irina

Kristine said...

Awww...super CUTE Sue! LOVE that cherry DP and your quilted patterned background!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

UH oH! New stamps to be in love with. The way you've coloured La-La & put her on the ribbon over that gorgeous quilted background has me ga-ga for La-La! Stunning Sue!!!

Allison Rankin said...

Look at that BG and stitched no less! Great job Sue...looks like a lot of work!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I love Lala perched on the ribbon... and your DP is great! So eye catching!

C said...

Love this sitting La-la...your coloring and highlighting are awesome!!

Maureen said...

LOVE everything about this card! Love the patchwork, the papers, your coloring and Lala sitting on the ribbon - too cute!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...