Tuesday, September 23, 2008

From Courtney's Closet Challenge- Garden Gloves


Another weekly From Courtney's Closet Challenge! You can see Libby's challenge HERE.
This is a weekly challenge designed after the clothes that Libby's little daughter wears.
Here's sweet Courtney in her "garden" dress. At least that's what I choose to call it!

This card is basically all SU! I used an old retired SU! set named Little by Little. (a beautiful gardening set from 1994 I think!) and the current Itty Bitty background stamp set.

Tip: To make the yellow tie on the button I just cut a tiny strip of cardstock and threaded it to the back of the button and stuck it all together with a glue dot.

I made several cards before I came up with this one! I was having a mental block...I finally had to dig out my Verve Girl AnniVerv-sary sketch sheet! Julee put these sketches out in August, but I am still slowing making my way through all 12. Four down, 8 to go LOL!

Stamps: Retired Little by Little from SU! Current set Itty Bitty Backgound stamps(On the base of the card)

Cardstock: Green Galore, Gable Green, Pink Passion, GP white, Bella Press DP

Ink: Black, colored with prisma's

Misc: CB word folder, SU! ribbon and buttons

Card Size: 5x5


Don't forget to sign up for the blog candy...I will draw a winner Saturday!

Pin It!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely image and the colours are lovely.x

It All Begins With A Tree said...

Really gorgeous! Wow, you sure nail these challenges! Love the buttons and the way you angled your matting...sure sets off the main image! Another beautiful card!

Heidi

Carolyn Bounds said...

Beautiful, beautiful card!!! You colored the wonderful image flawlessly, and everything is coordinated to a T! I am in love with this fabulous card!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Kathryn said...

WOW -- BEAUTIFUL card -- Love the design of it --The image is so pretty!!
:)

Cindy Haffner said...

Darling darling.

Roxy said...

This is so cute! I
love the colors!

Theresa Momber said...

Fantastic card! I love your gorgeous coloring.

Allison Rankin said...

Another cute one...great mix of colors!

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet. Love your interpretation of Courtney's adorable little dress.

Curt in Indy said...

The colors you used for this card are wonderful! You do such an amazing job on these challenges! Best, Curt

Carolyn Bounds said...

Tag! You're it! The details are on my blog:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Libby Hickson said...

Oh Sue!! You really outdid yourself this week!! I *love* your card, it is just wonderful!! And absolutely PERFECT for this week's dress.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is adorable!! I love the pink and green!! I especially love the green gardening tool box!! Gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

This is so cute! I love the color combo.

Jovita @ Inky Impressions said...

OMG her garden dress and the card are great colors.

Just wanted to let you know that I've tagged you... check out my blog for details. Have a great day ~ Jovi

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Gorgeous! I love the colour combo. What a fresh and original way to colour that cute image. Love the diamond layout too! :O)

Roxy said...

Tag! You're it!

Julia Aston said...

very cute card from the dress! love the pink gloves and cuttled panel!

Kerry D-C said...

I am always in awe of how well you implement these challenges based on Courtney's Closet!!! this is FAB!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...