Monday, May 26, 2008

Grandma Heidi's Brag Book



I made this brag book for my Stamping Sister Heidi! She makes such wonderful works of art and sends them to me! My stamping room and desk are all decorated with her cards.

I saw this book made on Angie's Stampin' Academy. You can find her video tutorial here. It was so easy to follow her directions. I did use my fiskar cutter to cut the page creases as I am not sure I trust myself with those sharp little knives LOL.
I used designer paper made by Bella Press.
I bought this paper at a stamp convention from the De'Nami booth and have been saving it for just the right project..and it looks so cute in this brag book.

Angie's tutorial is so easy to follow. Of course I thought I should change a few things and then found out why I shouldn't have. Do not put glue dots on the back near the back binding to close up the spine part of your book, if you do that, the book will not open up and lie flat...just ask me how I know that!

I used my new square nestablities that I bought from cut@home. Great deals! Be sure to sign up for their monthly 40% off coupon. You may have to be patient to get your nesties as they are in such demand...but the wait is worth it.

I used misc pink and green SU cardstock as well as my new Penny Black Zoo animal set. I just bought this set from hmstamps. It is one of their new clear sets. I am a diehard red rubber girl, but I did fine stamping with these acrylics.

I also used misc embellishments and punches to decorate all the little pages...so much fun. I can't wait to make a grandson book.

Heidi, I hope you enjoy this as much as I have enjoyed all of your artwork, we truly are Stamping Sisters!

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...