Monday, September 7, 2020

House Mouse Monday Challenge Midway-Ornament Candy










Midway Reminder
Challenge #323





'ANYTHING GOES'
with the option of 

Christmas


Hosted by our Talented Teamie Lorraine A aka Lols 

Please use any House-Mouse, Happy Hopper or Gruffie image 

 so join the fun!  Please use  a House-MouseDesigns(R)
  House-Mouse Friends /Happy Hoppers, or, Gruffies image stamped/decoupage or CD rom.
http://www.house-mouse.com/images/banner120_02.jpg







Anyone that knows me knows I am a total Christmas nut, so I love this challenge!  

I am using one of the brand new meecie stamps just released! It is the cling stamp ORNAMENT CANDY.  It is colored with copics and the snow added with a white Signo pen. My "snow" pen wasn't cooperating very well so let's pretend it's just the beginning of the snow storm!  Background paper is Doodlebug  Santa Express. 

It seems the meece are always snitching treats doesn't it?  I bet Monica thought she was safe from Mudpie! So much for hoarding! LOL

 A bit of a tip about the tree branches. They can be a bit intimidating to color-at least for me...For these branches I just colored the stems brown  and then colored over the pine needles with a light green like G 24 or G43. Add a little flicking with a darker green-I used G46.  The darker green will look a bit harsh so I color over the whole thing again with the lighter green to tone it all down. I did color a few spaces with Y21 just to add a bit of glow. You can see that around the edges a bit. There you go-no need to overthink it! 





Generously Sponsored  by




We are  thrilled to be welcoming back our AWESOME sponsor,
the Official Mousey Family, House-Mouse Designs(R)
 
HMD is offering a Lucky player a $20 Gift Certificate to go shopping at the official House-Mouse Designs(R) site! Eeeeek!!  

AND




One Lucky Winner will receive a 
$6 Voucher to spend @ Di's Digi Stamps

Bio.

I have been drawing since a child and studied graphics at College many years ago, I now work as a Medical photographer part time but my love was always drawing. I started cardmaking about 4yrs ago when I bought my daughter a cardmaking kit which we did together, but I’m afraid I got the bug! My daughter preferred scrapbooking. I then started looking online at other blogs and this then became my passion and I loved sharing my cards with like minded people.


I love stamping and loved finding images, but sometimes I could not find what I wanted so I started to draw myself.



I hope you have a few spare minutes to join in our house mouse fun!


We also have Facebook and Instagram-look for us there! The links are on the challenge blog post.

                               ♥ Sue


 


Pin It!

9 comments:

Lorraine A said...

aww how cute is this!! I need to ink up this stamp too!! they are adorable aren't they!! gorgeous colouring and I love the beginning of the snowstorm haha ;-)

Hope you have a great week!
luv
Lols x x x

Marilyn said...

Adorable card! Love your coloring of the cute image
Have a great day!
Marilyn ❤️

Bunny said...

Thanks for the tip on the greenery. I am bot good at coloring that.

This image cracks me up. I wonder if she'll make it out of there if she eats all that candy. This is so sweet. [Bunny]

April said...

I love this cute new stamp! You did a wonderful job coloring. I also need to ink this one up soon. Have a great week! xx

Sue said...

I love this stamp, I could see a little mouse climbing into an ornament to get to the goodies!! Beautifully colored up and perfect Christmas card to bring fun to someone special.

Hugs
Sue

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic and great card Sue
Gr Karin

Dorte said...

Wonderful Christmas card with a super cute image....fab colouring. Wishing you a fine week, Sue.
Dorte x

Lola said...

Beautifully colored. And I think you were speaking just to me - I would definitely find the pine needles intimidating!

Leslie Miller said...

Those little mice are always getting into things! I hope she'll be able to get back out. She's looking a little plump. Such a cute stamp and you're so good at coloring the House Meeces. Thanks for the tip about the evergreen branches. It sounds so easy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...