Sunday, June 17, 2018

Father's Day Card and Wood Project


Father's Day Projects 2018






I made this card on my wonderful and rare jammie day last week. The pattern is designed by Lettering Delights and was purchased from the Silhouette Store HERE.  I always call my Dad Papa Bear-so this is just perfect! The bear and tree were cut with my Silhouette and the sentiment was print and cut. 






I made this sign for him too.  The chalkboard base is leftover from a past Christmas project I made and worked perfectly for my wooden letters and tools.  I cut everything out with a scroll saw, and then primed and painted them. (I let him choose the colors- Orange is his favorite color)  I used my Silhouette to cut the patterns out of vinyl for this project (Simple Tools).  I used a 'shaky' font for his name because I knew my cutting would be shaky anyway.(smart thinkin'!) This is not as easy as it looks, but I hope to get some time after cherry harvest to get a little practice in!  If you are on instagram check out @sawdustjunkies , @thenorthandpine, @lushlemonco  just to name a few of the  wonderful scroll saw artists!

Thanks for stopping in!

Sue


Pin It!

7 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

Your card is so Sweet Sue! Adorable with the bear hiding behind the tree! :) But I gotta say... they sign looks AWESOME!!! I love wood projects and this one is so neat... love the dimension! Have a great day!

Theresa

Marilyn said...

Cute card and I love your sign!
Have a great day!
Marilyn❤️

Sue from Oregon said...

Dad's sign!

Darnell said...

You must have blown him away on Sunday with this card and his sign, Sue! Both are so wonderfully personalized and there is love in every inch!! Hugs, Darnell

Lola said...

Such a sweet card and impressive sign! I would think something like that would be terribly difficult - your work is awesome!

น้องส้มส้ม said...

If anyone is doing card Father Day Come see some examples in this web page, which is a simple day card that anyone can do it. I also do it. เที่ยวประเทศไหน

Leslie Miller said...

First, I giggled at the card. Love that so much and it's perfect for your Papa Bear dad! Then I saw your sign and am in awe. I've always said if I was a guy needing a hobby it would be wood shop, particularly making things with a scroll saw. However, I do have girlfriends who are pretty clever with a scroll saw. Fantastic, Sue!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...