Saturday, February 22, 2014

At The Movies!



I know-I know! A pretty wild card for me right? Although most of my cards are usually on the clean and simple side, I have had this card stuck in my head for months!  I have been sitting on this Art Impressions Girlfriends At The Movies stamp so I could make this special card for my longest time stamping and childhood friend Charla. I have to tell you she was the luckiest Gwamma of all on her birthday-she was given the gift of a new grandson! Oh such a special day it was!

Charla and I and several other movie buff friends meet once or twice a month to see a good chick flick-so this image really reminds me of her-of course she is the ring leader!

I had a heck of a time getting a pic of this card with everything all in focus because of the dimension...Thanks to my son for his help!


I colored this super image from the stamp set At the Movies.  It took me a while to find the exact cut files I wanted to use to embellish this card. I finally found the perfect set at Miss Kate's Cuttables-Movie Night.  I set it all up on charcoal grey cardstock and a stair step card file from the Silhouette Store. I parted with some of my new  festive Simple Stories "Say Cheese" paper too(I bought it at my LSS Urban Paper). YIKES I love that paper and that store!

On the back I stamped another sentiment that came with the set-
You're still the life of the party...even when we stay out past 8!

You can use any card you want that you can SHOW IT WITH WORDS-- Inspiration Emporium February Challenge. You still have a week to join!

I am sharing with the following challenges:

Allsorts Challenge-Ladies Day!-Feb 27
Color Me Creative ScrapRoom-Anything Goes-Feb 27
Bloggers Challenge-Fancy Folds Feb 28
Die Cut Diva's-Girls Night Out-Feb 28
One Crazy Stamper-Anything Goes Feb 27
Sweet Stamps Blog-Fun Folds-March 15


Sue

card details:
----------------------------------------------------------------
Stamps:
Art Impressions At The Movies Set from Inspiration Emporium
(you get a 10% discount if you use the code suestamps13)
Simple Stories Say Cheese 6x6 paper pad
Copics:
E00,11,13
B91,93,95,97
BV 11,13
G82
Y 38
Hair-W2,4,5  YR21  E31,33,25
C 2,3,5
R46, B28
N1
Cut files:
A2 birthday stair step card by Lori Whitlock
Movie Night-Miss Kate's Cuttlables
Tag Banner

Pin It!

22 comments:

teachdanz said...

oh my goodness this is fabulous!! I bet it was a hit too :-) Your coloring is superb!!

Sandra H said...

Ooooh wow!! this is absolutely stunning and what a great idea for a card especially for cinema lovers truly brilliant x

Cheryl First said...

Oh, wow! I think this is the best use of this image I've ever seen! Way too cool, Sue! You've outdone yourself here! :)

Deloris said...

It's fabulous! Love it!

Cynthia said...

Wowsers, this is fabulous, Sue! Love the step card design with these fun AI gals. The movie themed embellishments are perfect!

Diane said...

My gosh Sue you have outdone yourself on this design, I love the ladies with their 3-d glasses.

Hugs diane

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is fabulous Sue looks fantastic.

gr karin

Dorte said...

The best ever, Sue, love it.
hugs Dorte

Gail said...

That is soooo great!

JD/ Jill said...

Awesome card! Beautifully colored and a great layout!

Sandy Fredrick said...

Awesome design, wonderful coloring. Love the 3D glasses. Thank you for joining us in this months blog challenge at SweetStamps.com.

Leslie Miller said...

WOW! This is so amazing! Looking at all the details and dimension I feel like I'm there. You've got all the right stuff on it for movie night. Your friend will flip! Love, LOVE it!!!

Sandy said...

A night out with friends - now how much fun is that I ask you!!! I will take extra butter please.
As usual - I love it Sue!
sandy xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This card just blows everything else out of the water! I'll bet your movie maven friend was tickled pink (and all sorts of other colors as well).

Lorraine A said...

there is only one word for this !! FANBLOOMINTASTIC !!! LOVE it and am sure your friend does too ! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Arlene said...

I absolutely LOVE the card. It is so perfect for those special people you've counted as best friends and shared movies and such with.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Glenda Atkins said...

Love it to pieces and so will your friend!Love all the details!
hugs
Glenda

Maire Gamber said...

What a great card. Just love it! I just love the image! Thank you for joining us at CMC! :D
Hugs
Marie

Craftnut said...

I love this card! Thanks for entering this weeks challenge at allsorts tracyx

Donna K said...

What a fun group of gals! This is a great card!! Fun and fabulous colors to go with your theme. Thanks for sharing with us for our Fun Fold challenge at SweetStamps.com

Kecia said...

This should win an academy award. Over-the-top awesome.

Susie said...

OMGoodness how I love the girlfriends! This is just so stinkin' cute it makes my teeth hurt!! These gals and their friends have a story to tell and you've just added a new chapter with this darling card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...