Sunday, May 5, 2013

Great Impressions May Challenge-Celebrations!





Welcome to:


Jammie Day Sunday!

Celebrations!!!


The weather has gotten so nice this week, it inspired me to make this  bright and cheerful card for the May Challenge at Great Impressions-Celebrations .

 I used some lovely designer paper from My Minds Eye and this cute little Whimsical Potted Tulips stamp.  I love how this image with it's little butterflies and the little butterflies on the paper  are a perfect match for each other.

I cut the sentiment with my Silhouette and added lots of pretty paper layers for this Birthday card. I love the little striped paper around the outer edges, don't you!? Lots and lots of layers, but oh so pretty!



I hope you can take a few minutes and check out the Great Impressions Stamps Blog 
and join in your card-any Celebration will do!  See you next week!



card details:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stamps:
E640 Whimsical Potted Tulips by Great Impressions
Sentiment cut with my Silhouette
CardstockOn The Sunny Side by MME, Vanilla
Copics:
Reds: R22,24,29
Leaves: G43,46
Flowers: Y 17, 35,38
Butterflies: B000
Shadow: W 1,3
Ink: Memento Black
Misc: pearls, scalloped and plain circle nesties, dimensionals
Silhouette file: The Birthday word is a file from the Silhouette Store, Happy was a computer font welded to a rectangle.







Pin It!

14 comments:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I just adore the paper and colors. The entire card is so bright and cheerful. Well, now it explains everything...you are getting great weather and it has poured rain here for days and days none stop.

Elizabeth Hart said...

So pretty - love the summery colors too - makes for a very delightful card.

Elena said...

This card is so pretty! Glad that you have a nice weather to enjoy! :)

Donna Ellis said...

Sue, your cheery card brightened my heart immediately! So happy in the bright yellow. Love what you did with your silhouette and the sentiment - in the poke-a-dots. A friend recently gifted me with her "old" silhouette, and I hope to soon learn to use it for the sentiments especially! Love your ideas - I am always inspired, and leave your blog feeling happy. Beautiful card. hugs, de

Mary Marsh said...

Such a fun birthday card Sue-love your choice of papers and lots of layers is just my style

Karen said...

love the stamp and the beautiful colors!

Sandra H said...

Totally stunning and so creative is your card xx

Shirley N said...

This is so pretty Sue! Love the happy colors, makes me smile!

Ann said...

Happy indeed! Love how you did the words!

C said...

Very happy! Your border looks like cording. Love the colors!

Anonymous said...

fabulous card Sue! love the colors, your coloring and those papers!

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, I like this! Sunshine colors and a super cute image. The striped paper peeking around the edges almost looks like piping. Very cool!

Sandy said...

Pretty papers - I love the way you have mixed them. Wonderful colors with wonderful design work.
Sandy

Shanna Shands said...

I really love all the bright colors.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...