Sunday, January 6, 2013

Great Impressions January 2013 Sketch Challenge!


Today is our first challenge of 2013 is this fun sketch challenge designed by our very own Erin!-


I do hope you can join us in January. You are not required to use Great Impressions stamps-but by golly you bet you get extra chances at the prize if you do!

Today I used this darling snowman stamp  Snow Friends. Actually I got this stamp to go another ct sentiment-but ran out of time in December to make it a 'Christmasy' card paired with this sentiment.   Next Year!!!


I stamped the image twice, used one image to cut out just the bodies of the snowman and adding them over the original stamped image. 

Before I added them with pop dots, I colored with grey copics around the snowmans on the bottom image and I also used a stylus with a large round end to make each cut out snowman concave.  (Use a gentle circling touch so you don't wrinkle your image) I added a sentiment that I cut out twice with my my Silhouette along with some pretty ribbon given to me by America Kuhn and finished it all off with some small  buttons.  

This month we say good bye to DT teamies Shanna and Angi-(each team member stays 6-12 months). 
Please stop in and say hello to them and welcome Cheryl as a new team member and Patti J as our January Guest Designer. I have known both these crafty chicks for several blog years, and they are both great stampers! They are sure to show off some fun creations!

 Thanks for stopping in today-I do hope you will play along with us this month at the Great Impressions blog!

card details:
------------------------------
Stamp:
Snow Friends K92 
Cardstock: SU Kraft, Blue Bazzil, Bo Bunny Snowfall collection
Copics-
B 21,23,24,26,28 
YG07
C01,02.3,4,5
B0000
Misc: Silver cording, pop dots, ribbon, buttons
Silhouette cut file: Let It Snow


Pin It!

18 comments:

Deloris said...

Awesome card! Love how you cut out the snowman to give your card more dimension. The cut out letters look super too.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Another fun fun and very pretty card. Look at all that detail and cutting, but boy oh boy if was worth it because it screams cute and fun. Those faces are just TOOOO cute!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, Sue. What fabulous coloring and dimension. Love your interpretation of the sketch and all the super fantastic embellishments!

Allison Rankin said...

Super...great with the dimensional snowmen and scripty die cuts!

Shanna Shands said...

WOW. This is fabulous. The coloring and the papers by Bo Bunny are wonderful.

Joan V said...

Aw, how darling. Love your dimensional snowmen. Plus the cute embellishments of the buttons and ribbon. Thanks for sharing.

Danni said...

Super cute!! Love the dimension!

Sandra H said...

This is absolutely beautiful and the colouring is stunning x

Jenny said...

Love the double stamped look of the those adorable snowmen...great take on the sketch Sue!

Glenda Atkins said...

Great dimensional work on the center frame, the snowmen and the cut out letters! Fabulous card!
hugs
Glenda

Cheryl First said...

Oh my goodness, Ms, Sue.....this is simply precious! I never thought to use the stylus for the popped up images like this one!! Very clever! I must, must check out this wonderful little stamp - it's absolutely sweet!!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow girl! This is such a beauty!! Love those fun and funky snowmen along with your darling accents! :)

Ann said...

so cute. That silhouette sure cuts nice. Was the "let it snow" a font?

Curt in Indy said...

Hey Sue! Those are the cutest snowmen! What a cute card they made. Happy New Year and I hope it brings you everything wonderful! Hugs, Curt

Cindy Haffner said...

Just ADORABLE!!~

Cheryl said...

This is beautiful! I love the papers you used and the snowmen are so sweet!

Sue said...

Sue, cute snowman card, never met a snowman I didn't love. Love how you popped them up and the sparkly snow.

hugs
Sue

Debi said...

No, I'm not a stalker but I finally found where you had posted this card, which I really like, along with everything else I've seen on your blog. Think I'll stalk, I mean, follow you. I'd love for you to check out my blog: thatmightlookgoodonacard.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...