Sunday, September 2, 2012

September Great Impressions Challenge


Welcome to the September Challenge over at the Great Impressions Blog! Our challenge this month is to use a sentiment as the main focus of your creation.  A real easy challenge!

I made two projects-mainly because I ended up cheating just a wee bit by adding my lil' kitty on the band aid baggie topper, I could not resist...I love that kitty! I added  cough drops in the baggie and now it seems I am all ready for the cold and flu season!   Oh my...seems my summer is just beginning and I am already talking about cough drops!  I cut the bandaid from a Silhouette template, making it hinged at the top for an easy foldover topper. I used the Get well...wishes stamp on the topper (as well as that crabby looking kitty LOL)

On the Get Well card I dug out a Kaiser Craft paper pad I had never used. It was fun to use all the little punched out pre-printed coordinating diecuts included in the paper pad!  I cut another large bandaid and added it onto the card-Using the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches #50 for inspiration. I used the little bandaid from the  sentiment to make the X's at the bottom of the card.

If you make a card in the next month with a sentiment as the main focus, join us won't you? It need not be a Great Impressions stamp, but being that it is School season-you get extra credit LOL!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Sue Kment

Card details:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Stamps:
Get well...wishes
On The Mend
Kitty in Tub
Cardstock: KaiserCraft Up, Up and Away Collection, Mellow Moss, misc brown for bandaid
Misc: cough drops
Silhouette template: Nurses Tools

Pin It!

18 comments:

Joey said...

Fantastic creation Sue, love the giant plaster. Joey x

Sandra H said...

Hi Sue, This is brilliant x

Unknown said...

I love the kitty too but I am a cat fan anyway.

Sarah's Little Snippets said...

A brilliant gift Sue! I love the big band aid and all the little ones on the card too :) Sarah x

Jenny said...

You are good to go for the flu season Sue!! Love the bandaid with the kitty peeking over to seal your gift bag!

Carol L said...

What a cute, crabby kitty! LOL Love this set Sue, very creative!

Sandy said...

Wonderful - you have the best imagination. You know I bought that mad as hell kitty taking a bath because I saw you make a card with it. You come up with the best ideas Sue.
Sandy

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous project, both absolutely wonderful, love the bandages!
hugs
glenda

Cindy Hall said...

Oh my gosh, this is so cute and clever. Love all the bandaids! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Unknown said...

Just too cute!! I love the bandaid!! Perfect way to package up those get well remedies!! Love it!!

Chris said...

Fantastic set Sue and I'm in love with that Kitty too and the band air, that's really cool. Hugs, Chris

Linda Suarez said...

So cute Sue! What a great get well card! Also, love the treat bag of cough drops! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word Sue!! This is just a darling set!! Love the images and lovely design!! HUGS :)

Lesley said...

Wow, stunning project! Adorable! Thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Leslie Miller said...

What a cute idea! I love the little kitty, too.

Julia Aston said...

What a fun get well set Sue! love that big bandaid!

Allisa said...

Love the band-aid...what a great idea! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Larissa said...

Love this, love the topper on your bag and that cat is so perfect on it. Your card is also very lovely.

Hugs,
Larissa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...