Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sue Berker Challenge #2


Helloooooo...sorry to be so absent this month, but by golly I have been working a lot! Luckily, we have our challenge goodies for a month, so I could work on it when I could grab a few minutes here and there.

Once a month one of our group of 4 send  elements of a card to the other 3  to make a creation and then we get to see what kind of creations pop up on their blogs! A lot of fun to hop around and take a peek!   This month Kim Howard sent out our surprise package!

We are using a Paper Smooches stamp called Birthday Buddies. Now we had some discussion on whether we were dealing with a beaver, groundhog or what type of critter! Well, I chose beaver because of his nice "pearly white teefies"...and what would make a beaver happier than a big old log to gnaw on! I think I should have added a candle to it too...oh well.

My little Birthday Buddy is swimming midstream to get to that delish looking log. (I made the log with a Winnie the Pooh cricut cartridge. )

I hope you can take a few minutes and hop around to see what the other stampers have created!

Kim sent us the following that I used:

Stamped image: Birthday Buddies from Paper Smooches

Cardstock:Old Olive cardstock, Confetti White for the image (SU!) and Dish all the Dirt Brown from Clear and Simple Stamps,Basic Grey Pryrus (the flowers) (I added a little piece for the background too-Basic Grey) Balck and some misc BGrey for the log

Embellishments: Cork and sisal)


Other stampers joining in the fun with me will be----------

Nicki Jackson's Splitcoast Gallery
Kim Howard at   Basement Stamper
Sue Berker at Sharing What I Love.




Pin It!

8 comments:

June Nelson said...

Hi me darlink!! this is gorgeous, so different, so sorry I lost you for a while, didnt know where you were, but I got you back lol. Take care my friend and have a lovely day loads of love from me xxxxxx

Allison Rankin said...

Love this! Fun sentiment and the embossed tree is a trick I will steal!

Susie said...

So very adorable and SO clever. Love the water and how you embossed the trees. Awesome card.

Basement Stamper said...

Great card! Love the scene you created and the tree is perfect.

Nicki said...

Eeek - how cute is this. Now I totally see the beaver :) LOL! LOVE the whole scene.

Annika said...

am loving that log and the cute beaver-thingie! lol
Hugs
Annika

Eve said...

oh sue, i luv this card, luv all the elements on this card!! Just luv it!! :-)

Anja's weblog said...

Hi Sue,

Beautiful card. Love the cricut elements:))

Hugs
Anja

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...