Monday, July 18, 2011

Outlines Sweet Tooth!



 Welcome to todays Outlines Blog  Monday Challenge! We all have a Sweet Tooth, don't we? Speaking for myself...I sure do! That might be why I am a lifer at Weight Watchers LOL!


 Yessireee...three different cards from one stamp! I  totally fell in love with this stamp and the many ways it can be used...so versatile! You can see I made a card using the whole stamp and then separated pieces and parts to make a card with the cupcake and one with just the balloons. I also stamped and used the sentiment in several ways. So very fun!


I hope you can take a few minutes to pop on over to see what the rest of the Outlines Team has made!You can see all the creations on the Outlines Challenge Blog.



To isolate the balloons without using a marker, I  tape off the part of the stamp I don't want to ink...can you see the scotch tape there? Hard to see.... Get your specs LOL!

 Inked it up with my Momento ink pad because I wasn't sure if I was going to color or paper piece yet.  You could easily skip this step if you start with a clean stamp and a black marker and just color the "outlines" you want! ( I did that with the sentiment several times)

 Take the tape off before stamping
 Viola!

Please check out what the rest of the team has made for you today!  
Kecia, Jenny, Jeanne, Lisa,  Sandy and Robin !


Thanks for popping in today to say Hello!




Card details:
---------------------------------
Stamps: H-1016 Sketchy Cupcake  by Outlines Rubber Stamps
Cardstock: Turquoise is DCWV, Ruby Red from SU!, DP from My Minds Eye-Good Day Sunshine Pristine Plaid
Ink: Memento Black
Copics Used:


Candle and cupcake paper: YG 21, 23
Candle flame: Y 04,08
Frosting: R20, 22, 24
Cherry: R22,24,27
Plate: BG10,11,34

Misc Supplies:
Card 1-Scalloped circle, circle and classic inverted scallop circles nesties, dimensionals
Card 2: Mega rectangle nestie, Martha Stewart Beaded Arch border punch, pearls, SU! white ribbon, dimensionals
Card 3-Lacy Square nesties and dimensionals

Pin It!

18 comments:

Susie said...

Fabulous work. I especially love the first one. You are very skilled and great design work.

C said...

Great tips and fabulous coloring...great way to get alot looks from a single stamp!

Sue said...

Beautiful cards and great technique!

Basement Stamper said...

All of these cards are gorgeous but the last one is my favorite, I love those paper pieced balloons and the colors.

shulsart said...

My goodness, Sue, you were a busy girl. Fabulous ways to use that one little stamp, great job!

Ida said...

Wow these are all fabulous. I loved seeing the 3 different ways you used just one stamp. That first card is Yummylicious looking!

Lisa Silver said...

Fantastic projects! You really did a fab job showing more than one way to use the image!

Kecia said...

Sue!!! WOW!!! You rocked this image and challenge. I love all of the cards you created. They all look delicious!

Shirley N said...

Oh Sue, those are such fabulous cards, I love them! TFS your tricks too!

Lorie said...

Fab-u-lous cards! I love them!

Allison Rankin said...

Great use of one stamp. A quintessential birthday creation!

Jenny Gropp said...

W.O.W. Loved how you showed off the versatility with this stamp --- beautifully done! They all look yummy! Great pics showing how to block off portions of the image.

Leslie Miller said...

I've fallen head over heels in love with these Outlines stamps, and someday several of them will be MINE! It was one of your other awesome cards that sent me there and I've spent quite a lot of time browsing and wishing. Plus, you got me going on the House Mouse stamps and I see several of those I "need", as well. You're quite the enabler! If your cards weren't so darn cute...

Pat (mspfd) said...

Three fabulous cards from one great stamp! What great colors, papers and fresh designs!!

Larissa said...

All these cards are so cute! Love the versatility from the stamp!

Hugs,
Larissa

Jovita @ Inky Impressions said...

All three are fabulous, I like how you masked image to just use the balloons and you're right a very versatile stamp indeed.

Sue said...

Fabulous technique, Sue. Cupcake looks good enough to eat!


Hugs
Sue

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

What a wonderful job you have done showcasing this fun image! Each card is so different - a real testimony to the versatility of the image! Excellent job with the little masking tutorial, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...