Sunday, May 2, 2010

House Mouse Flower Power and FCCC#60

Oh guess what challenge is back?  From Courtney's Closet Challenge #60!!!!!!  (FCCC60) It has been since last September that we saw little Courtney...and my has she grown!!! Follow the link to see her today!  She's such a big girl now!

I chose to go with the color scheme of little Courtney's Easter dress so that I could use my new House Mouse stamp  for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge #68  which is FLOWER POWER. The sentiment that came with this House Mouse Stamp of the Month says "If friends were flowers, I'd pick you" which I used on the inside of  these cards. I also used the out of the box nestie process so that Monica's tail wouldn't be chopped off...oh goodness we could not let that happen!

I flipped the sketch from The Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge #54 (SSS54) for both cards.


I guess you could say my first love of stamps were House Mouse....and then I discovered Libby's fun  Courtney's Challenge when very I first started blogging. I played almost every week and through this challenge, I learned new stamping skills and made tons of new stamping friends. Challenges are a great way to grow as a stamper and to make friends worldwide! Find a challenge that speaks to you  and join in! (and just so you know, I could hardly make a FCCC card without polka dots somewhere, right Libby?)

Card details:
------------------------------------------

Stamps: Sensory Overload (Monica) HMLR1056, Sentiment (Hello) for card #1 is from Stampin' Up and card #2 is made by Make An Impression (Another Bloomin Birthday), Friends were Flowers (CR1111) by Stampabilities

Cardstock: Card #1-Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive and  DP from www.scrapwithinreach.com and BoBunny polka dots, Card #2-Elegant Eggplant, Certainly Cerlery  and strips from COLORBOK.

Ink: Memento Black and Copics, Eggplant and Lavender stamp pads for the sentiments

Misc: Rectangle Nesties, Kaiser crystals and Michaels pearls, American Craft lavender ribbon and SU Old Olive ribbon, SU circle punches for the sentiments, Martha border punch and swirl cuttlebug folder for card #2.

Pin It!

26 comments:

Shirley N said...

WOW! Sue this is stunning--love your color combo and your coloring is gorgeous!!! Beautiful card design!

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Sue :-) I love this image and your colouring is fantastic :-) Love the patterned and embossed papers and the ribbon is just perfect :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh they're both gorgeous, what a fabulous colour combo!
:o)

Silli said...

BIG, big smile, what a fabulous image. Your coloring is great! Hugs Sue...;-)

Diane said...

Love it...what a cool image...love those little house mouse fellows!!! I didn't see your card posted on courtney's closet link...did you forget to do it...LOL...great card...beautiful coloring, beautiful colors!!!

mudmaven said...

What a stunner! Totally gorgeous and perfect for Courtney's challenge. ~chris

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhh SWEET and GORGEOUS!!

Carol L said...

Now that I've seen this stamp, I MUST have it!! I swear I can smell those sweet lilacs just like that little mouse is doing! Awesome colors and designs Sue! Both cards are gorgeous!!

Lorie said...

Oh, Sue...that is beautiful! The detail is incredible!

Unknown said...

Oh my, these are wonderful! I love purple! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop.

Denise Marzec said...

These are so beautifully colored and I LOVE the color combo on both.

Unknown said...

Such a cute card...love the colors and the embossed peice behind.

Spyder said...

I can almost smell that lilac!! Lovely card!

((Lyn))

Ann said...

Perfect coloring on your lilac......beautiful!

Larissa said...

Such a cute card! I love the colors and your coloring is stunning. The polka dot ribbon is so cute!

Hugs,
Larissa

Heather said...

Fabulous Sue, love the image/s and so beautifully coloured. Fabulous papers and colours and such wonderful details.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at HM&F.
hugs Heather xx

Dana White said...

What a stunning card - thanks so much for playing along with the Sweet Stop

Sue said...

Great color combo, love it. And the tail, how cute is that! Such a pretty card, I can almost smell those lilacs!

Hugs
Sue

Christine said...

Hi Sue stunning creation love your ever so cute image & colouring, gorgeous DP's & colour combo fab card..thanks for sharing & joining us at HM&F Monday Chall.

Hugs Christine xx

Libby Hickson said...

Sue I absolutely LOVE your cards - that's one of my favorite House Mouse images, I LOVE lilacs!! Thank you SO MUCH for playing, it wouldn't be the same without you. You're THE BEST!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Sue, and congrats on the HM DT appointment! They posted the list this morning and you're on it, way to go!

Hugs
Brenda

Carolyn Bounds said...

Both of these lovely cards are absolutely phenomenal...as are ALL your creations!!! Every element is perfect, perfect, perfect!!! I love them both!!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Curt in Indy said...

Truly awesome coloring Sue! I love the tail off of the page technique. The colored background paper on the first one just makes that image and card pop! Such talent! Best, Curt

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Love these purples and greens together!

theneon said...

ahh, what do I love more -- House Mouse or Lilacs? -- Sue's beautiful card that contains both! You've done another fab job and I just learned from the HM challenge that you are on the team! Yahoo! You deserve it and I can't wait to see what you put together for them. Much Congratulations -- and Happy Mother's Day!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous coloring! Thanks for joining us at HM&F Challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...