Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #55 -Mo's Pugs!



sorry everyone....I didn't get lost...just real  busy and got a new speedy computer too!  Sorry to have been gone so long but I am sure glad to finally get some stamping time!


I don't think I have ever talked about my family's love of pugs...I had a pug named Tiger for years and now my daughter has carried on our love for pugs with her two pugs, Bud and Sophie. Bud is real laid back and has a little darker coloring than Sophie...she is the naughty, fiesty one. Funny dogs...Sophie would be in 7th heaven if she actually had a Valentine in her mouth to shred LOL!

When I saw this image from Mo's Digital Pencil, I fell in LOVE with it and knew I had to have it. It is printed as a mirror image so I could show off both pugs and then I wrote in their names inside each heart.

I used the sketch from Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #55I have the circles up on pop dots as well as the pugs.

I have a ton of  Valentine projects I want to complete...but my goodness time is at a premium. I hope to show you a couple more idea's I have rattling around in my brain.

Just a heads up too...Sophie and Bud's Mommy (my daughter Erin) is expecting a baby in the next two weeks, so I may disappear for a week or so while I go help with the new baby as well as getting to be full time Gwamma to Cole. I am so excited for Grandson #2! I will keep you posted!  

Card details:

----------------------------

Stamps: Digital image Pug Love by Mo's Digital Pencil

Cardstock: Real Red, Basic Black, White, SU! black and white polka dots, The Paper Patch mini red Hearts Galore DP

Ink: Image colored with copics

Misc: Martha mini heart border punch, circle nesties, red ribbon, cb swiss dot embossing folder

Card size: A2

Pin It!

19 comments:

Susie said...

Adorable card. Enjoy your time with your grandbabies.

Carol L said...

This is SO cute and those pugs are colored perfectly! Love the DP and ribbons.
Congrats on the new baby! You're going to have so much fun with another sweet grandson :)

Elena said...

Adorable card, Sue! I love these pugs!
So excited for your being Gwamma again too! :)

Karen Giron said...

How adorable!! My hubby love pugs too - so this one made me think of him :D Lovely job with the sketch this week - thanks for playing along!!

scrapperjulia said...

This is so cute, Sue! Love how you colored those adorable Pugs!

Danni said...

this is just too sweet!

Sue said...

Sue, what a great card and the pugs are so cute. My Sis has two pugs too!

Oh, your gonna be a new Grandma again, how fun.
Keep us posted and have fun with the babies.

Ann said...

Love the way you cut out the pugs but still did a halo of color behind them. Gonna enter it in for the Mo's design team call?

Allison Rankin said...

OMG...must get this stamp for my mom who has four pugs! This looks so fun!

Joey said...

Hey Sue,

I hope you are keeping well :O)

Gorgeous card and I just love the striking black you added into it to, fab image.

Joey.xxx

Lori said...

WoooHoo Sue! I am so excited to hear that Erin is expecting again! You must be elated and a boy too! I had 2 sons and 2 nephews. I just love boys! Your card is adorable. I love pugs too! My Mother had one for years named Memo and when he passed on to Heaven's Gate, they went and got another one. They are adorable and have so much personality! Thanks for sharing and congrats Grandma! Give Erin my love! Hugs Lori

Elaine L. said...

This card is sooo cute! Love the black and white and the two dogs. Thanks for playing along in Mo's Challenge this week.

Dawn B. said...

This is adorable.. Congrats on being a grandma again.. Thanks for joining us at Mo's challenge blog this week.

Anonymous said...

Sue,

If you notice, I picked this cute pug for Valentine's myself!

Love how you used -2- images. Cute, Cute, Cute....you are very talented, you should enter for a "guest designer" spot @ Mo's!

shulsart said...

Oh, now this just makes me smile, how sweet it is! Good luck and thanks for joining in the fun at Mo's Challenge blog.

Larissa said...

Such an adorable card! Very cute image and I love how they sit next to eacht other. The look on the faces of the digs is just too cute!

Hugs,
Larissa

Lisa said...

Super cute! I love the Pugs!!!! Thanks so much for joining Mo's Challenge this week!

The Wired Angel said...

Congratulations to you Grammie!

Love your card.. very creative of you. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Mo's challenge. hugs to you, Peggy

theneon said...

Oh, so now we are getting hooked on "digital"!! A brilliant idea to make a pair of these delightful fur babies. Those circles are the perfect frame!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...