Thursday, January 14, 2010

Three Clover's Thursday Challenge #47





Welcome to 3 Clover's Thursday Challenge...can you guess what the challenge is from my card?

This week's challenge is to make a Winter themed card. Now most of you have had enough of the snow, so I thought maybe you could visualize being snowed in at a  nice cozy, warm ski lodge with some dear friends, drinking a nice cup of hot cocoa. What do ya think?

This darling House Mouse image is HUGE...all colored and cropped it is 4 x 5, so it makes a big card! That is a little of a challenge for me, but I so love this stamp...I had to give it a whirl! I have to say, when you stamp a detailed stamp like this...Memento Black is the only way to go...it stamped so nicely and easily! There was a lot of coloring here...but it was a  pretty fast type coloring for me!

I do have to tell you though...I was wondering if these little meeces had more in their cups than just cocoa...they look pretty relaxed to me....LOL!

The message inside...Happy Winter!

I hope you will hop over to 3 Clovers and see what the rest of the Clover girls have stamped up for you today...and maybe grab a cup of cocoa and whip up a card to join us!

Card details:

--------------------------

Stamps: Quiet Evening With Friends (Mudpie, Maxwell, Muzzy, Monica, Amanda) HMTR1046,
Sentiment retired stamp set from SU! Happy Winter.

Cardstock: all SU! Cocoa, Banana, Certainly Celery

Ink: Memento Black, Copics

Misc: Martha Stewart border punch, SU buttons and twine.

Card Size: 5-1/2 by 5 ish

Pin It!

18 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

So darling, I love those mice!! Hugs Cindy xxoo

Silli said...

Big smile Sue, love the mice, love the coloring!!! Great card!!! Hugs Silke

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love that image!! Your coloring is fabulous!! TFS! HUGS

Ida said...

Super Cute! I smiled when I saw this one as those mice are just adorable. The 2nd one from the left most certainly had more then cocoa in it's cup! Great coloring and a really sweet card.

Unknown said...

Great job on the coloring Aunt Susie! I just love those little mice; they are so stickin' cute!! By the way, thanks for signing me up for the google reader. I am terribly addicted now!!!

Elena said...

The cutest stamp ever! I love this mice family!

Lisa Somerville said...

Cute image, beautiful coloring.

Allison Rankin said...

Oh Sue...you have such a hand with these guys (mine always end up looking like blobs...ha ha!).

Shirley N said...

Wow Sue that image would scare me but you did an awesome job coloring that huge stamp! Beatiful coloring!

Sue said...

Sue, your card is adorable! Love the little guy with his feet to the fire to warm those little toes!
You need to put this card on the house mouse website gallery, so cute.

Nancy said...

This is a positively wonderful card. I have this one circled in my catalog to order, and now, having seen it done, it will definitely be ordered. You did a beautiful job with this huge stamp. Maybe they are drinking Irish coffee????

theneon said...

Oh, Sue, this is one to warm the heart -- you've done a delightful job on this one -- great coloring -- warm and cozy colors! Yes, I'd love to join you for a cup of cocoa!

Kristine said...

Hi Sue! WOW, this image is super cute... and very winter-sceney w/o the cold colors. Looks so warm and cozy and I wanna go hang out with them---ALMOST! LOL! Great job coloring and love your punchy borders! *Ü* Have a great weekend!

Jovita @ Inky Impressions said...

Your coloring is fabulous and that's a lot of coloring. Cute image, still can't enough of these little mice. ;)

mycardz said...

ROTFL! I sooo agree, they do look awfully laid back! I've always loved this stamp, but have been a little intimidated by it. You really did an awesome job on this one, it realy makes you feel all warm and cozy looking at it! Great card! hugz, Mary

stephanne said...

I suspect eggnog might be at play here, lol. I would love to be hulled up in a ski lodge with these cuties right about now!! Beautiful work with this huge stamp, your colouring is fantastic!!
Take Care,
Stephanne

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Oh my goodness this is too cute! I love the leetle meeces. And the way you've made the punched edge look like a rug edge: complete Genius!!!

Larissa said...

So very cute! Great stamp and awesome colouring! Love the buttons on your card.

Hugs,
Larissa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...