Saturday, May 23, 2009

House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge-Have a Micey Nice Day!




This is my 30 minute House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge card..a sketch.

When are men ever on time? I thought I had time to whip up a card Friday afternoon before leaving for a visit out of town...and who should show up early but my sweetie. I ran upstairs and made this card in about 1/2 hour...all the while I think he thought I was packing..shhhh I'm not telling...ahh the addiction!

The image was colored with my copics! I just attended a Copic Certification class this last week with Marianne Walker from I Like Markers. For the longest time I had what I called my "Magnificent 7"...seven Copics I bought while I was deciding if I wanted to invest in these new toys...I played with them for a long time before I finally just closed my eyes and bought me some more. I still want a gazillion more, but I have enough to practice with. I am slowly coming out of the "Oh My Gosh" what have I done stage!(called the Copic learning curve LOL)Being a newbie to the Copic "scene" I learned a lot at the class...now if I can just remember it. When I get home I will post pictures of my rowdy table mates and share some info I learned too! It really was just a grand day!

...and pics of baby Cole coming soon too!


------------------------

Stamps: In a Nutshell (May House Mouse of the Month Stamp), sentiment by Penny Black

Cardstock: My Minds Eye DP, Bo Bunny DP

Ink: Memento Black, copics

Misc: crystals, nesties, misc ribbon

Pin It!

17 comments:

~MudpieMouse said...

Wow ... what a lovely card. Nice color combination and you colored it beautifully, so I'd say the class was well worth it. Keep on stampin' on!

Jovita @ Inky Impressions said...

Sue it looks like you've been using Copic for years, your coloring and blending is wonderful. Love the image, it's adorable.

Marie said...

You have the cutest stamps and the cutest cards!!!!
Marie with a :-)

Carol L said...

I'm chuckling about your Copic story - I still don't own any and I'll most likely be the last person in the United States to get some! LOL You've been taught by the master and it shows in your work, what a totally sweet little card!
Carol

Joey said...

Hi Sue, fantastic card, love the image they are so cute. Joey.x

Kristine said...

Love this cute card. The saying is the BEST! :)

Cindy Haffner said...

So adorable, great coloring.

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Cute card, Sue. I love your little mousie just driftin' along. So glad you got to take the Copic class. I took mine a few months back and really enjoyed it, and yes, I took a ton of notes that I've referred to several times since.

June Nelson said...

This is ever so cute and thanks for visiting my blog I really appreciateit, all of your work is lovely and i definatley will be poping by more often huggies June xx

Ann said...

Look at that wonderful copic coloring too!

Curt in Indy said...

Wow Sue! Your coloring is perfect. Could never get the hang of them, but you are doing an amazing job! Love the card! Best, Curt

Valerie said...

What a cute image! Here is one I HAVE to HAVE!!!
Great job with the sketch.

Carolyn Bounds said...

Hello, my dear! It has been far too long since I last visited...hanging my head in shame:( Please forgive me.

Your card is gorgeous!!! It looks to me like you have truly mastered the Copics!!! Your mousie is colored beautifully!!! I wish I could make my cards look so lovely in a rushed 30 minutes!! You are the true card making master!!!

Love and Hugs!
Carolyn

Maria said...

LOL! That's funny that you were making your card while your husband thought you were packing. Very sneeky.

Love your 30 min card. . .it don't look 30 minutes at all. Lovely job on your coloring and the great choice of dps!

Have fun on your trip and have a wonderful Memorial Day!

Maria

Elena said...

Your coloring with Copics is wonderful! What a cute little mouse! Really love the layout!
Have a nice trip!!!

theneon said...

Indeed -- this is micey nice! Love your composition, colors, and everything else. Can see you are having a great time with your Copics. I've left you something on my blog.

theneon, aka, Martha Kay

Rach said...

a gorgeous card, wonderful image beautifully coloured. love the pictures of cole.. he looks adorable.xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...