Thursday, January 1, 2009

Snoopy Celebrates 2009!

This is one of the first detailed cards I have made in a couple months...boy was it tough! My stamping brain is not in gear yet...but I am working on it! I started out with a whole different plan for these two images...and ended up pulling out my Martha punch and my Sizzix confetti die.

The only coloring on these images is a little prisma pencil coloring over the sentiment and the grass under Snoopy.

I glued little pieces of confetti all over this DCWV green cardstock(inside the card also). My Sakura Quickie Glue pen came in handy for that!

This card is my 2009 hope for you all...a happy and healthy year! I hope we can all be as happy as this little beagle in his "dance of joy"! This card was inspired by the motivational message on Gina K's blog posting... see her card here.


Inside of card...I was on a mission to use my confetti die...something I have had for YEARS!

Stamps: Dance of Joy by Stampabilities A408C, Count your Rainbows by Inkadinkado

Cardstock: DCWV green for base of the card, S.E.I. DP, SU! Purely Pomegranate, Bashful Blue, Choc Chip

Ink: Memento Black, Prisma's

Misc: SU! ribbon, nesties, Sizzix confetti die, Martha border punch

Card Size: 5-1/2 x 5-1/2

Pin It!

7 comments:

Elena said...

What a fun card! I love the stamp! And the scalloped layering looks fantastic! Love the confetti too!

Kerry D-C said...

OOOh! This is SO cute, Sue!!! love the inside; FUN!

Cindy Haffner said...

oh what fun, I love all the layers.

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Sue, I love your card! This is so fun and happy. I think I need to copy and print this to hang in my craft room to remember to keep smiling as we start this new year. I love your use of confetti.
Thanks for the New Year wishes and I wish you the same. Thanks for the smiles!

Chris said...

Such a stunning card Sue! I love that Snoopy and the inspiring sentiment it makes me feel very happy looking at it. The confetti die is a real stunner too it gives a brilliant effect. Chris

2 Worlds said...

I love Peanuts thats why my Beagle is snoopy :)
Lovely card

Jenny Gropp said...

This is beyond CUTE. I love how you did the colors over the sentiment. Fab!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...