Tuesday, August 26, 2008

From Courtney's Closet Challenge Pink Lace

Isn't she spiffy? Here is Libby's sweet little Courtney in her fancy party dress!
Check out Libby's From Courtney's Closet Challenge.

I loved working with vellum on this card...have not used it much so it was a treat to dig it out (oooh I only had one piece YIKES!) and try out my new cuttlebug edge embossers on this card. Again, I used my cuttlebug folders and edgers, as well as my scorepal, and Stampin Up punches. This is more of a "tool/toy" card as there is no stamping here LOL!

What I noticed most in Courtney's picture this week, was her cute little "piggies". Aren't babies toes just so sweet? I know I am forever tweaking Cole's little toes and he looks up confused at me and wondering what that crazy "GWAMMA" is doing now! HA!

This gave me an excuse to use one of those little cuttlebug folders I just had to have. Aren't these baby feet sweet?

Just a note on the cuttlebug edge embossers. I had a heck of a time (esp with vellum) with it leaving a line on the cardstock. I tried being tricky with cutting pieces of paper the size of the folder and put on top(to keep roller away from cardstock), I tried only going just far enough to get the impression and not run the folder all the way through and in the end I found if I just threw my tan nestability embossing mat over the skinny little edger and carefully ran it through the folder, I didn't get any line...Viola!!! If anyone else comes up with a better/easier tip, I would love to hear it! I'm still experimenting...

Close up of the piggies.


Stamps: None

Tools: Cuttlebug folders(swiss dots, baby feet, edge embosser), S-Up! circle punch and scallop punch, scorepal

Cardstock: Stampin Up Pink

Misc: Ribbon (this has glittery edges), dimensionals

Pin It!

15 comments:

Carolyn Bounds said...

WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! Courtney really provided you with some mondo inspiration!!! This card is out-of-this-world SPECTACULAR!!! Every detail is right on point...right down to the piggies. Pretty pink perfection!!!

April Hall said...

You've been nominated! Go check out my blog!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh she is a cutie, love the card to so pretty.

It All Begins With A Tree said...

You captured all the details, in the photo, right into your card! It's gorgeous! Oh, I love the vellum so much!

Curt in Indy said...

This card is adorable, but not half as adorable as that gorgeous Courtney! She is stunningly beautiful! Don't forget, I have something for you on my blog!!!! Go pick it up! LOL Best, Curt

Dawn said...

Such an adorable card - love the embossing - will have to dig out my vellum now - have only embossed once on vellum using my CB

Have a lovely day!

Dawn

Unknown said...

This is so cute! What a sweet card for a new baby girl. :)

Libby Hickson said...

What a sweet card, so pretty! I love the embossed vellum, and of course the swiss dots - and am especially smiling that you were also inspired by her little feet! So cute! Thanks for playing again. :-)

Kerry D-C said...

How sweet is this card!!!! I love love love the embossed baby feet. FABTASTIC job, Sue!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Oh my gosh -- the detail on this card is amazing and it certainly captures the same details in the dress -- fabulous work!!!

Julia Aston said...

Perfect card for Courtney's dress! I love the feet! and the embossed vellum is wonderful!

orangedaisy said...

such an elegant card
x

Diane said...

Love the card! The feet were such a cute idea and looks so dang cute on the card!! Can't wait to see your next inspiration card!
www.nelliesnest.blogspot.com

Lynn Put said...

This is darling! You did such a wonderful job on this card! I love the embossing on the vellum!

Jenny Gropp said...

This is so soft and sweet - fab card!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...