Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Cash Keeper Retail Therapy-Art Impressions


Hello There! Just popping in to say HI and show off some of the new stash I received from Inspiration Emporium!

I have been having a great time stamping up my Art Impressions stamps! This one is named Cash Keeper.

 Don't you just love that ol' flowered robe? Ha! And really, didn't your Granny have polka dot grey hair too?

I colored and paper pieced her robe and highlighted it a little with a copic(to make it shabby chic!), cut a slit above her hand and inserted the cashola. I used a copic multi liner to add the ground.  I know I would love to get a card like this! My favorite part is the little kleenex hanging out of her pocket(you have to look real close to see it)!


This is a pretty big card (4x6) as the stamp is good size on it's own.  I added the dashes around the oval with my Silhouette and Silhouette sketch pens.   All the ovals and scalloped oval were cut with my Silhouette too.
The inside sentiment says "Thought you could use some retail therapy" and comes with the set.

I think this would make a great Graduation card, perhaps even adding a Grad cap to Granny, or adding a few birthday presents around her feet for a birthday card...and Christmas...oh my I can get carried away!



I recently found this fun Silhouette Challenge blog thanks to Cely and this fun card she made! Their challenge this time is faux stitching (closes July 31). 

I am also entering this in the Art Impressions Challenge- Twine Time (closes July 24)(excited to win the Top Spot with this card!)

Sorry to have been absent from my usual blog visiting-harvest is still going on and I am still working 7 days a week. This puts a serious crunch on my blog hopping and crafting time! Don't give up on me though...the end of harvest is near-just a couple more weeks!

Sue

card details:
---------------------------------------
Cash Keeper (for a 10% discount use code suestamps13)
Cardstock: Night Quite Navy, Real Red, Old Olive and A Mother's Love by MME
Copics:
BG 72,75
E00,01,11 R20
E51
C 1,2,3
BG000
Silhouette cut-oval and scalloped oval
Misc: dimensionals, twine, copic multi liner


Pin It!

28 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

great shaping wonderful image and fab embelly
Hugs Kate xx

Leslie Miller said...

This is super cute, Sue! Love the cash and the kleenex. Ultra creative and, yes, I would love to receive a card like this. Great for kids or grandkids!

Dorte said...

Your card make me smile, Sue, she looks great!
hugs Dorte

Donna Ellis said...

hahaha - I just love when your blog pops up in the reader, Sue. Always such smiling and merriment. Boy does this bring back the memories LOL cute card! Love that hanky in her pocket - your attention to details always bring things out beautifully. hugs, de

Nana said...

What a cute and funny card. I love it. Thanks for linking up over at Silhouette Challenges

Have a creative day.
Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! She's just too cute!! I love the place for you to put the cash!! :)

Sandra H said...

Great shopping fabulous card x

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Super!....My mom didn't have the robe and she insisted on dying her hair until the day she died, but the "kleenax"....on the money. She had kleenax in every crook and cranny in her clothes, chair, and every room...oh my!!!

Migdalia said...

TOTALLY cute & Funny!

Thank you for joining us at Silhouette Challenges.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M (my blog)♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Anonymous said...

made me laugh Sue! It's like she's sayin', "take it, just take it"! lol Fab card!

Yvette said...

What a funny card! Love how you put the kleenex and the cash in it! Great!!

Lisa H said...

LOL I love it!!

Karen Amidon said...

Awesome work! I love all of your details, she's great and funny too!

Sparkly Engineer said...

Sue, I love the way you used the money. Can't say my grandmother had polka dot hair, she was a Southern Belle till the day she died with a perfect do and totally perfect color job.

Sandy said...

I am our of my mind excited over this beauty. I love the bathrobe!! Are you telling me that the perfect stitching around the oval is done with your fancy dancy machine???? What a wonderful idea for cards - you could put anything in her hands but cold hard cash is the best!!
Sandy

Deloris said...

How fun! Love it!

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous circle card, very funny and your dashes around the circle are so even that I am totally envious. Don't work too card save some energy for crafting:O)!

Elena said...

The most creative card I have ever seen! I absolutely love her robe! Anyone would love to have this one! Great card, Sue!

CuteNCrafty Mommy said...

Great project. Always so happy to see everyone having fun in crafting.
From the Silhouette Challenges:)
Tabitha
The Desire to Create is one of the Deepest Yearnings of the Human Soul.
Tabitha's Designs Blog
Low priced fun Digi Papers:)
Come join us at Craft Lovin for "Parents Day" Link up a "Parents Day" project and be in line for some great prizes:)

Karen (karey2005) said...

This is totally cute! Love that image, and what a creative thing to add the bill to it! Thanks for linking up to Silhouette Challenges!

Darnell said...

Are you kidding me with this image! I karacked up, Sue! I have never seen this and the way you have showcased her with your round card?! Wowza. Seriously, enter this in every challenge you can think of; this is such a winning, funny card!! I'm off to AI, you enabler, you! Just what I need, more NBUS ...

nwilliams6 said...

Wow! this is Fabulously fun!!! I love it! Hugz!

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh my gosh, Sue, this is so FUN!!! Love the paper pieced robe, too. What a great card!

JD/ Jill said...

So cute and clever!

Kim. said...

A really fun card and I love how you added the money which gives it dimension. Thanks for sharing with us this month at Silhouette Challenges.
Kim xXx

Scrapper69 said...

This is so cute & Clever! Love it! :o) Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Silhouette Challenges!

Theresa (Silhouette Challenge DT)
www.miislucky.blogspot.com

Lorraine A said...

fabulous card Sue :-) I just saw this card on the AI blog ( congratulations on winning :-)) and came for a closer look :-) what a brilliant job ! I love the $ and her hanky hanging out of her pocket,,, lol :-)

love the faux stitching around the oval ,,, will have to have a look at my silhouette and see how you did that ,,, very clever :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Scrapthat said...

OMGosh! I ran across this on the net and it's too dang funny! I love your details of the flowers on the robe and the kleenex in her pocket and even the polka dotted hair! It's hilarious!! TFS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...