Sunday, February 8, 2009

Penny Black Stairstep card


There's a whole lotta paper piecing happening on this card! The little letter the "chick" in front is holding is pieced in pink SU! DP, as well as parts of the hats and the bow too! I got some new SU! Riding Hood Red DP in all the different prints and it is just beautiful. I just had to try to fit it in on this card where I could.


I used copics, prisma pencils and OMS and SU! markers to color this card. (that's a lot of stuff to clean up too LOL)


I dug out a retired Stampin Up Chicken Wire background stamp for the back drop . I used to be such a background stamp fiend...but have gotten more where I use DP now. (which explains the chaos of my craftroom!)

This card is for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge #35.

Now, I think this might be the last stairstep card I make for a while, but no promises...I just love making the little scenes this style of card allows!


Stamps: Penny Black Pinky and Porky 3110K, Penny Black What a Day! 2350F, Studio G $1 sentiment stamp from Michaels, Stampin Up background stamp.

Cardstock: Stampin Up DP and Riding Hood Red, SU! Pink

Ink: Memento Black, RHR, Prismas, SU! markers and copics

Misc: Martha border punch, SU Riding Hood Red ribbon, Nestabilitie Hearts

Pin It!

16 comments:

Pauline C said...

Oh wow Sue - Pinky & Porky are just sooo adorable and your card shape and composition are just awesome - fab work! Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week.
Pauline x

2 Worlds said...

This is adorable

Sheene said...

love love the porky pair! :) really cute card! so adorable..

Beth said...

This is stunning! I love everything about it! Especially the cute piggies and the chicken wire background! Thanks for joining the PB challenge this week!
Beth xx

Allison Rankin said...

Terrificly cute! What fun stamps these are!

tracie said...

oh wow Sue gorgoeus & cute, I love the effect of the stairstep card, stunning work.
Thanks for joining us this week at PBSC
Hugs
Tracie :)x

Kristine said...

Oh goodness Sue...that is SOO ADORABLE!! Loving that fence background--goes so perfect with these farm animals. :) Too cute. I guess I've missed a couple posts! Your previous stair step card is awesome too!! Have a great dayxx

Elena said...

I love your stair steps cards, Sue! The paper piecing is so pretty! Love all your deatiled work!!!

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Oh my, Sue, this is absolutely adorable. I love it! What a fabulous Valentine card. I can't comment on just one single thing because everything about it is perfect. Love this card. :)

Anonymous said...

You've got to be the queen of the stair step card. If not, I nominate you. LOL Totally adorable!

Julia Aston said...

I love the stair set design - it lets you show off a variety of stamps so well! love the wire BG stamping and cute pigs!!

cats whiskers said...

Hi Sue hope you are well, qhat a lot of work you have put into this really cute card
Hugs Jacqui x

Carolyn Bounds said...

My gracious!!! Have I been away too long or what?!?! I am attempting to catch up on all the yummy goodness I have missed, and all of your cards are SPECTACULAR!!!! I love this one too!!! Then again, I have yet to know of anything you have made that I didn't gush over. This cutie-pie of a card is no exception!!! Thes adorable, little piggies and that sweet clucker are just too, too sweet!!! Such a fabulous Valentine:o) Sure to spread plenty of smiles and create loads of cheer:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sue for the wonderful card! It arrived yesterday and it's just gorgeous! Thanks for thinking of me on Valentines Day...I love it!

Heidi

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

cetaarecfilaj [url=http://cl.lk/231yx9u]archos 7 home tablet update[/url] oSllilpiidsd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...