Pages

▼

Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Lori Whitlock September Tutorial-Santa Paws Shaker Tutorial



Today I have this tutorial on the Lori Whitlock blog on how I used a simple cut file to make this card into a shaker card. 



Santa Paws Shaker




Vintage Postcard 4x6


This is what the file looks like (in the Silhouette software) when you open it. (I did highlight the first piece in red.) You need to choose the first two pieces for this card and delete the rest.

 

Make a duplicate of the red striped piece. (Cntrl + any arrow)
To get the frame without the cut outs, right click the frame and choose  Release Compound Path and remove the cut out pieces, leaving a solid frame. 


This is what your two frames will look like.  


Final cut pieces

 First piece you will cut your background piece (my blue sky) and a piece of acetate. Second piece is the solid frame-I cut 3  per page out of 8.5x11 generic white cardstock (9)-they won't show so you can use cheapo white cardstock. You can cut only one of the solid frame is you want to use foam for the edges of your shaker.  My final top piece is cut  out of red. 






First Stack-red piece glued to one white frame and the acetate is glued on the bottom. 
The second stack- glue all the white frames together(use enough to make a good size stack). I used 7 frames because my snowflakes where a bit thick.

Assemble second stack, add your shaker pieces inside and glue on  your top section.  I decorated the the top of the card with Lori's new Santa Paws dies! Viola! You can then add it to a card base and call it good!

Products Used:

Cut File: 6 pc 4x6 Vintage Postcard

Here Comes Santa Paws: 6x6 paper pad, Christmas Puppy Pals Die Set, Embossed Christmas Tree Die Set, Ephemera


I love all of Lori's frames, they are perfect for using as a great card base. 

I hope you give this a try!

πŸ•πŸΆπŸŽ„Sue 





4 comments:

  1. Love this tutorial and your card is amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great fun card Sue, fab tutorial. A great shaker design, love the dog and trees too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this fun shaker card with the candy cane frame and sweet pooch! You're generous to share the time for a how to with the software. Of course, I had to go look at the "Here Comes Santa Paws" paper. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A brilliant fun shaker card Sue. Love the dies you've used - that dog looks like it could be much better behaved than mine would be near a Christmas tree!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog...I would love to hear from you!