Saturday, January 8, 2011

Oregon Ducks Football---GO DUCKS!!!


Monday at 5pm is the big BCS national playoff game for college football! Our very own Oregon Ducks play the Auburn Tigers. Woo Hoo...I even had to ask my Stamping group if they would move the monthly stamping meeting scheduled for Monday night so I could stay home and root for my DUCKS.  Now I am not much of a sports fanatic, but as my oldest daughter went through college, she was on the cheerleading squad. U of O used to give a parents pass to the games, and I tell you...nothing like a football game at Autzen Stadium!  LOUD and just tons of fun to watch the game and the fans...I was hooked.

So...I had to make a card to cheer on probably the only sports team that I will sit still long enough to watch! I love the spirit of it all!

Hmmm...I might even have to send this card to Chip Kelly!(the coach LOL) For some reason I don't think Chip is in to stamping LOL!  I used a Snoopy image that was gifted to me, hand drew the banner, used some U of O DP, and cut out those cute little footballs with my cricut and some fun textured  DP by Creative Imaginations. Cartridge used was Boys will be Boys. The words Go Ducks were cut in my Cricut/SCAL program.

 Snoopy and the banner are both up on dimensionals.


I spent most of the afternoon in my craft room today...so much fun. I have a few more creations to show you over the next few days. It sure did feel good to be back to crafting!

I have some milestone blog candy coming soon too. Watch for my visits to reach 100,000 in the next month or so. I have a fun stash of good treats to share with you all!

Don't forget to join in to the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. You still have over a week to enter your art...I would so love to see you all jump in and play along!  Lots of prizes offered for this challenge-New Beginnings!!!!

I am going to enter this in the Sentimental Sundays Challenge, anything with wings.

Pin It!

18 comments:

Lorie said...

Oh my goodness...that is a great card even though it isn't for the Wisconsin Badgers. :)

Allison Rankin said...

Oh wow...what a creation! T would love this one since he is all about reading Snoopy before bed these days!

Carol L said...

This is one great card! The airplane w/banner is so clever, and those footballs are crazy cool!

Meg said...

Ah, fantastic card! Love how you colored Snoop's airplane and those footballs are just adorable!

(ps-War Eagle!)

Anonymous said...

AWW!! I just adore Snoopy!! This is so cute!! :) TFS!

Diane said...

Oh I'm sure the coach would love this card,cute!
I'm like you,not too much into sports,but I think
if you know someone involved in it,it makes it so much fun! I went to a hockey game last night,my great nephew,I know nothing about hockey,but I had fun cheering him on!

Unknown said...

this is so awesome, Sue!! Your creativity never ceases to amaze me!!

Deloris said...

What a cute card! The extra Cricut elements work perfectly with Snoopy! Great job! Hope your team wins!

papertrails leaver said...

Oh I love Snoopy! This is just too cute! Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays for wings challenge! :-) Amy

Shirley N said...

Your card is so cool, great design Sue!

Anja's weblog said...

Wooooooooooow!! What a great idea. This card is too cute:))

Hugs
Anja

Anonymous said...

After seeing your card on SCS had to stop by your blog. You did a great job celebrating our Ducks, particularly love the footballs. There is nothing like watching our Ducks play football at warp speed. We can hardly wait for game time. GO DUCKS!!!
A rabid football fan from Eugene

Cora said...

Yeah! Go Ducks from a fellow Eugenian! love your card. Followed a link from another blog. Couldn't help myself when I saw the title. lol

America said...

oh my goodness, I love SNOOPY and all the PEANUTS characters!!!! i about fell over when I saw your card. Sooo darn CUTE!!!! Very Creative and colorful and HAPPY!!!!!!!

Eve said...

I luuuuv this card, Sue!! I'm a HUGE College Football fan and although WE played HORRIBLE at the bowl game last month, and almost turned off the TV before the game was over! LOL! I luv that you used Snoopy stamp for this card!! very nice!! ... sorry Sue, but i'm gonna root for Auburn today...

Tameko said...

This is so cute! Love your image and sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays!

Larissa said...

Great card! Love the banner behind the plane.

Hugs,
Larissa

Curt in Indy said...

It's funny, but now every time I see a Peanut's character, I always think of you. You always do such great work with them and this is no exception. Love this Sue! Best, Curt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...