Saturday, April 16, 2022

Happy Easter! Art Impression Chicks


Happy Easter!!!


I made several different versions of these Easter cards. 

I stamped the Art Impressions chicks on different  polka dot papers and then cut them out with the dies that came with the set. The little blue upside down chick is also on an Action Wobble that came from Art Impressions. I didn't have to even get my Scan N Cut out! All the chicks are on pop dots except my crazy little chick. 

The card top background was cut with my new Penny Black slimline zig-zag die.  The die is just a wee bit longer than my Big Shot cutting plate so I had to do some fancy foot work to get that last bit to cut just right! Washi tape to the rescue. I Probably the only time I use my Washi tape!

 I added the background color with oxide inks and Gina K blending brushes.  I also used a darkroom door small honeycomb stencil on several cards.  (I think it can easily pass for chicken wire) . The Happy Easter sentiment was preprinted from Simon Says and the stamped sentiments were from Jaded Blossoms. Card size is 3.5x8.5. 













I'm entering these in the Art Impression flower challenge. 

Thanks for peeking in today! Sue


Pin It!

5 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Dang these are cute cards! I really love the polka dot chicks in all their Easter finery. It's great that the stamps have matching dies that appear to cut so well, too. Gee, maybe I should be looking at those emails... but if I don't look I don't buy and I have so much stuff I haven't used yet. I do love Art Impressions. Thanks for the smiles, Sue!

Helen said...

What super fun Sue!! Love these cute chicks and the idea of using DP is perfect to add to the delight!! :)

Crafty Pink Pixie said...

Oh my, these colorful cards are so cute! I love all the colors and the stamp set you used!!!
Thanks for joining the Ai Challenge! -Tasha

Ida said...

What a darling card. Those chicks are just adorable.

Carol L said...

These are adorable with the paper piecing! Love that amusing sentiment to go along with the unhatched chick too! Too cute! Thanks for the visit - I hope things are well with you and yours. I think of you every time I see Rob on tv to this day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...