Monday, March 16, 2020

Enjoy the little things







In these crazy times, we all need to step back and enjoy the little things in our life.

I have tried to write this post several times but my heart is aching and that makes it hard to share with you all.

I made this sign as my Christmas 2019 annual wood project. At that time the sentiment was speaking to me. I am in the process of slowing down, retiring from my job and recharging my batteries- enjoying my home and my family. Looking forward to crafting and working on my wish list of projects. 

Today this means so much more... My oldest brother died unexpectedly last week.  I am sad, teary eyed and heart broken. 

He was always there for me. If I needed help, he was there. He and his wife  helped me take care of our Mother when she was in hospice. We were a team and could depend on each other. 

I feel a bit ungrounded. 

I will be ok. We will all be ok through these crazy times

I have had numerous crafty friends send me Sympathy cards. They mean so much to me. Thank YOU!

It's just a reminder of why we crafters do what we do...our creations touch hearts! Mail a homemade card today, brighten someone's day. 



Love your family- let them know you love them and

Enjoy the little things... Sue

Pin It!

7 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, Sue, I'm so sorry to read this. Your loss is devastating to your heart and all those who loved him. It sounds like he was pretty special. I'm really, really sorry.

Cathy said...

Sue I am so so sorry, My heart is with you. I wish I could send you a card from here but know that I am with you in my heart, hugs Cathy K

Marilyn said...

Sorry for your loss! Keeping you and your family in my prayers!
Have a great day!
Marilyn ❤️

Bunny said...

Oh, Sue, I too am so sorry to hear about your brother. What a terrible loss. My sympathies. [Bunny]

Babs said...

So sorry to hear your sad news Sue, sending you healing hugs
Babs x

Lola said...

Oh my, I am so sorry for your loss. I'm not good with words in such situations, so I'm sending a virtual hug.

Darnell said...

I'm very sorry to hear about your brother's unexpected passing, Sue. He will be greatly missed. On top of the uncertainty of everyone's health at this time, you must feel especially at sea. Thank you for letting us know so we can be here for you and thank you for being unselfish and reminding everyone how much joy we bring to the lives of others and how important it is to actually SEND the cards we make. And, last but not least, by your beautiful sign, you give us the most important message of all. Take care and be well, my friend. Lots of hugs, Darnell

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...